Monday 8 November 2010

Tutorial: Pom Pom Wool Scarf

Genetically speaking, I really ought to be a great knitter. My mother and my grandmothers were all knitters, and whilst they did teach me the basics of how to knit, I think I got too caught up with other crafting activities to pursue my knitting destiny. I'm pretty sure that the only knitting projects I have undertaken have been either blanket squares or scarves, and I can't even claim to have finished many of these.

Despite my obvious shortcomings in matters of woolcraft, when the cold autumn nights draw in I still have some unfathomable urge to knit. One trip to the wool shop and a few evenings of new-project-fuelled fervour later...and my mum has another scarf to finish off.

Not this year though.

Observe: two (TWO!!) complete, and rather lovely scarves, knitted entirely by me, every last stitch.

There has been no change in my (lack of) knitting skills, nor my (in)attention span. I owe my knitting success story to the marvel of pompom wool. Hurrah!

It knits up quickly, looks fancy, is lovely and snuggly to wear, and is surprisingly easy to do, once you get the hang of it. What more could you ask for?

The basic instructions are that you hold the pom pom to the back of the work while you wrap the wool around your needle, and you knit two stitches between each pom pom.

To make it really clear I made a video demonstration to show exactly how to knit with pompom wool, including casting on. You see, I'm such an experienced knitter now I even do tutorials haha!!

Hope you find it useful!

2 comments:

  1. awesome tutorial just what I was looking for thanks :)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you show how to cast off maby?

    and i seriously <3 the purple =)

    and i have the crafters ADD as well i learned maby 2 months ago how to knit ive been trying to learn for as long as i can remember and finally someone was able to teach me lol

    and ive started a bunch of projects and had to pull them for one reason or another and the only completed ones ive done were with size 50 needles i made 2 scarfs with super bulky yarn those take like a day to do each =)
    '
    i have made a bunch of things on the kniffty knitters though

    and atm i have 2 projects on needles one is going to be a bolero jacket for my lil grl and the other is a scarf for my sister =)

    both of witch i have started and pulled already once lol but there going good now =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails